v.230,987.2.7 of the Top 5 Mobile Advertising Trends To Watch: (this time by Mashable’s Erica Swallow)
1. It’s all about texting: Texting now beats out email and phone conversation as the preferred method of chatting among teens. It might not be flashy, but if you want to get someone’s attention, texting gets the job done- and fast. According to a whitepaper on conversational advertising by Singlepoint, 90% of all text messages are read within three minutes of their delivery.
2. Rich Media: AdMob vs. Quattro, Apple vs. Google, Mano a Mano
3. Mobile Sites vs. Mobile Apps: Yes, would be Digital Axle’s answer
4. Interest in Geo-Location: Advertisers want it. Humans aren’t so sure yet.
5. The Growth of Mobile Video: 23.9 million of us to be precise (if you believe eMarketer, and why not) 66% of Cisco’s router traffic by 2013. Can anybody say network crash?